The Karol Miarka Printing House has its own DTP studio, where materials to be printed and bound are prepared. The traditional assembly has been fully replaced with the electronic assembly.
DTP Studio and CtP Prepress:
- 4 DTP workstations
- CtP system with the latest software Heidelberg Prinect MetaDimension, Heidelberg Prinect SignaStation and a Suprasetter S105 imagesetter
- Certified colour proofing (EPSON Stylus Pro 4800)
Preparing files to be printed - guidelines
The printing house uses European Prepress Defaults (ECI/Fogra). We do not interfere in the client's files at any stage of production. The client is the only responsible for the proper preparation of production files (PDF) in accordance with ECI standards.
How to prepare files for CtP
- We accept only composite PDF files - versions: 1.3 - 1.6. we do not accept other files, for instance TIFF, CDR.
- CMYK colour space + additional colours if they are ordered.
- Colour profiles - should not be provided.
- Fonts embedded in the file.
- Black text as K 100%.
- Bleeds - each side: 3 mm (also the spine side).
- Black colour with overprint switched on.
- Bitmap resolution - 300 dpi.
Other technical requirements for the materials sent to us
- The name of files should clearly identify them (for instance „external_cover.pdf", „page_02.pdf").
- Diacritics SHOULD NOT BE USED in the names of files (ą, ę, ć, ü etc.)!
- Covers for adhesive binding should be arranged in pairs (4-1, 2-3), including the spine with the agreed width.
- If the publication has many pages:
- prepare single pages of the same format and orientation in one file,
- add blank pages in appropriate places.
- The material should be always placed in the centre of the page.
- Trapping should be enabled in the program if necessary.
- Descriptions of additional colours (Pantone, HKS etc.) cannot contain diacritics.
- White colour overprint should be disabled (colour of paper).
- Minimum line thickness is 0.4 point (0.176 mm); you should not experiment with thinner lines.
- You should not use American or Japanese profiles in graphics programs, but default European ones for printing. You should not embed colour profiles in the files.
- Total ink limit – should not exceed: for coated papers with 150 gsm and higher – 300%; for thinner coated papers and for uncoated papers – 280 %
- PDFs prepared in CorelDraw should contain raster gradients, lenses and similar effects.
How to deliver files to the printing house
The preferred way to deliver files is to send them to our FTP server.
The acceptable way is to send files by e-mail.
We also accept files delivered on removable media (CDR, DVD, USB Pen Drive).
Sending files to our server
We recommend using software Total Commander or another which is operating with server ftp.
Server (host): ftp.tolek.com.pl
User: anonymous (anonymous logging in)
We log in „anonymously", create our folder in the folder /upload (its name should be identical with the name of the company placing an order for printing) and copy to it the files to be printed. Both the name of the folder and the names of the files cannot contain diacritics (ą, ć, ś, ü etc.).
We create special accounts protected by a password in the folder /private for regular customers. They have the right to copy, delete and overwrite files, which are inaccessible to other network users.